Movies and video games aren’t the only places you can find the Desert Eagle Pistol. From time to time, we’ve run into mentions of the gun in books. A search recently turned up more than 50 readily available fiction and non-fiction works, from the obvious (firearms reference books) to the not-so-obvious (an Oprah selection). As you might expect, the most common fiction genres are action/adventure, fantasy/science fiction, and mystery. Here are a few novels by well-known authors that give the Desert Eagle at least a passing reference.
• Soul Circus, by George Pelecanos
• The Final Country, by James Crumley
• The Corrections, by Jonathan Franzen
• The Prometheus Deception, by Robert Ludlum
And here are a couple of non-fiction works (other than books that are obviously about guns):
• Shaq Talks Back, by Shaquille O’Neal
• Celebrity Skin: Tattoos, Brands, and Body Adornments of the Stars, by Jim Gerard